Learn how to lead your staff confidently and consistently, so they are clear on what's expected of them and are able to perform at their best.
Our team of workplace experts deliver people management courses that can help your organisation achieve success by getting the best from your employees.
What you'll learn
Across our people management courses you'll learn how to:
- save time and money by improving productivity and retention
- create a positive and supportive working environment for all
- identify performance and behaviour problems early
- deal with personal issues objectively and thoughtfully
- improve your communication skills and handle difficult conversations with confidence
"The course was presented in a relaxed but efficient way. The case studies used were excellent examples and the trainer was more than willing to give help and advice on our own particular experiences."
– Production manager
Find a course
We provide a range of people management courses, including:
- discipline and grievance
- having difficult conversations
- skills for line managers
- unacceptable workplace behaviours
How Acas training courses can help you
Acas is an independent public body with over 45 years' experience in giving impartial advice on employment rights and best practice.
Through a mixture of presentations, discussions and interactive exercises, our training courses will give you practical tips you can use in your organisation.
"The training was superb and gave a very comprehensive overview of good practice and legal compliance with regard to discipline and grievance."
– Business manager
Who the courses are for
Our people management courses are for people from all sectors of work, including:
- managers, supervisors and team leaders
- HR professionals
- business owners
- trade union representatives
- employee representatives
- individuals who want to further their professional development
"It was good to have confirmation that what I am doing to manage absence in my organisation is the right thing."
– Managing absence course attendee
How they are delivered
We offer courses both remotely and face to face. You'll be in small groups with participants from a wide range of organisations, giving you opportunities to share experiences.
We recognise that every organisation is different. To save you time and money, we can deliver bespoke training at your workplace. To find out more, contact the Acas Training and Customer Services team.
You can also find out how we make our training accessible.