Using a representative - Early conciliation

Using a representative

Acas will not act as your representative. We cannot take sides. But you can ask someone to represent you in early conciliation if you do not want to represent yourself.

They can be a friend, relative or someone you work with. Or they can be someone experienced, such as a union official, lawyer or someone from a law centre.

Your representative will take part in talks, make decisions and agree a settlement on your behalf.

We will not talk with you, which means you need to:

  • be sure your representative knows what you want
  • get regular updates from them

You can add or remove a representative at any time during the process.

Last reviewed