Learn how reducing conflict can help to improve employee engagement, retention and productivity at work.
Our team of workplace experts deliver courses that can help you feel prepared to manage conflict at work, should it arise.
What you'll learn
Across our dispute resolution courses you'll learn:
- about the law and your legal responsibilities
- about the benefits of resolving conflict quickly, including increasing employee engagement, retention and productivity
- how to address the root causes of conflict early
- how mediation can help you achieve a better outcome for conflicts at work
"I have no hesitation in recommending the course to others who need to understand what mediation is and how to go about providing it within their organisations."
– Mediation training course attendee
Find a course
We provide a range of dispute resolution courses, including:
- Certificate in Internal Workplace Mediation (CIWM)
- conflict management
- mediation skills
We also hold 'mock' events to lead you through:
- an employment tribunal
- a mediation
How Acas training courses can help you
Acas is an independent public body with over 45 years' experience in giving impartial advice on employment rights and best practice.
Through a mixture of presentations, discussions and interactive exercises, our trainers will give you practical tips you can use in your organisation.
"Every single aspect of the course was delivered and presented in an informative and engaging manner. The course also allowed delegates to put into practice the knowledge learnt at each stage, which was a great way to digest and use the information at a practical level."
– HR officer
Who the courses are for
Our dispute resolution courses are for people from all sectors of work, including:
- managers, supervisors and team leaders
- HR professionals
- business owners
- trade union representatives
- employee representatives
- individuals who want to further their professional development
How they are delivered
We offer courses both remotely and face to face. You'll be in small groups with participants from a wide range of organisations, giving you opportunities to share experiences.
We recognise that every organisation is different. To save you time and money, we can deliver bespoke training at your workplace. To find out more, contact the Acas Training and Customer Services team.
You can also find out how we make our training accessible.