In-depth case studies that measure the impact and explore user perceptions of the services Acas provides.
Supporting employees with mental health conditions
- Type=Media;Mediaid=4933;Style=; - this case study focusses on how Suffolk County Council is responding to the challenge of managing mental health at work.
Productivity case studies
Employee Feedback Survey Tool
Acas Open Access Training case studies
A series of case studies on Acas training on employment relations open to all:
- Type=Media;Mediaid=3364;Style=; - staff report on the impact of attending Open Access sessions covering investigation skills and equality
- Type=Media;Mediaid=3365;Style=; - two staff members report their experiences of the 'Employment Law' and 'Equality and Diversity' courses
- Type=Media;Mediaid=3366;Style=; - staff report on the impact of attending Open Access training on 'Equality and Diversity', 'Redundancy' and 'Disciplinary and Grievances'
- Type=Media;Mediaid=3367;Style=; - staff give their view on the impact of the Open Access sessions addressing absenteeism
- Type=Media;Mediaid=3368;Style=; - staff attended 'Discipline and Grievances' and 'Conducting Investigations' workshops and give their views on the impact
Innovative Workplace case studies
A series of case studies from an in-depth support initiative for organisations seeking to improve performance:
Workplace Training case studies
A series of case studies on tailored Acas training in the workplace:
- Type=Media;Mediaid=1148;Style=; - Acas training helped Vodafone to establish a consultation forum to support a redundancy process
- Type=Media;Mediaid=2678;Style=; - Acas training helped a major chemicals manufacturer to undertake effective employee consultation during a programme of redundancy
- Type=Media;Mediaid=1030;Style=; - Acas provided mediation plus training for establishing in-house mediation arrangements to a housing trust that was experiencing high numbers of employee grievances.
Line management training
- Type=Media;Mediaid=3634;Style=; - an SME report on the impact of Acas Workplace Training and policy advice on developing good management practice
Works Council training
- Type=Media;Mediaid=3633;Style=; - Acas Workplace Training helps an SME deal with the challenges associated with rapid growth
- Type=Media;Mediaid=4015;Style=; - In-depth case study on effective people management strategies in employee transfers (TUPE) in the experience of Consumer Futures.
Workplace Projects case studies
A series of case studies on Acas in-company support packages, known as Workplace Projects:
Equality and diversity
Bullying and harassment
- Type=Media;Mediaid=2702;Style=; - Acas helped a global manufacturer to engage with its employees in order to identify where improvements in employment relations could be made
- Type=Media;Mediaid=2701;Style=; - Acas facilitated a partnership approach to tackling implementation of a new shift work arrangements at an NHS Foundation Trust
- Type=Media;Mediaid=2700;Style=; - Acas helped develop an action plan at a further education college that was experiencing problems with stress
- Type=Media;Mediaid=2703;Style=; - Acas joint workshops brought the trade unions and the HR team together at a global manufacturing organisation
- Type=Media;Mediaid=3019;Style=; - Acas workshops helped improve team relationships and avoid formal grievance procedures at a further education college
- Type=Media;Mediaid=3072;Style=; - Acas-facilitated sessions helped to improve an adversarial industrial relations climate in a public sector organisation
- Type=Media;Mediaid=3018;Style=; - Acas workshops helped a divided team at a charitable organisation to establish better working relationships following a series of grievances
Collective conciliation case studies
A series of case studies on Acas' collective conciliation service
- Type=Media;Mediaid=3747;Style=; - a case study exploring the role of Acas Collective Conciliation in disputes which arose on the London Underground during the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Type=Media;Mediaid=3051;Style=; - Acas collective conciliation in a dispute over pensions in one of the UK's main energy ports