How we assess applications
When applying for a job at Acas we will assess you using 'Success Profiles'. Success Profiles are the recruitment framework used within the Civil Service.
We use a variety of selection methods to assess candidates against Success Profile elements. This helps with finding the right person for the job and improves diversity and inclusion.
Civil Service Success Profiles
The job advert will say which Success Profile elements you need to demonstrate to show why you are the most suitable person for the role.
The Success Profile elements that we can assess you against when recruiting are:
- Behaviours – to understand whether you have the skills to carry out specific tasks, by asking for examples of your experience
- Strengths – to find out about you, what you enjoy doing, and how and when you work at your best
- Ability – to understand whether you have the ability or potential ability to do the job
- Experience – to understand how your experience has improved your knowledge of, or skill in, a subject or task
- Technical – to understand how you demonstrate specific professional skills, knowledge or qualifications
Behaviours you might be assessed against
There are 9 Behaviours that you might be assessed against:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Communication and Influencing
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
- Working Together
- Developing Self and Others
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
Depending on the specific job role, the job advert will say which Civil Service Behaviour you need to demonstrate in your application.
You will not be asked to demonstrate all 9 Civil Service Behaviours for one role. It's important to carefully read the requirements in the job advert and to include evidence in your application to show you have the right skills and experience for the job.