Who can go to the workplace
Current government coronavirus (COVID-19) guidelines are that anyone who can reasonably work from home should do so.
Where workplaces are allowed to open and staff cannot work from home, staff can go to work but it's important for everyone to follow working safely guidelines.
The restrictions and when they will change may be different in England, Scotland and Wales. See full government guidelines for:
- England – coronavirus guidance on GOV.UK
- Scotland – Scottish Government coronavirus guidance
- Wales – Welsh Government coronavirus guidance
Working from home
For staff working from home, the employer should:
- pay them as usual
- keep in regular contact
- check on their health and wellbeing
Workplaces that must stay closed
Some workplaces must stay closed because of current restrictions.
If working from home is not possible, employers might:
- put staff on furlough
- agree to staff using holiday or unpaid leave
See the latest government guidelines for: