Who can go to the workplace
Current government coronavirus (COVID-19) guidelines are that you may only leave your home for work if you cannot reasonably work from home.
In Wales, some sectors of work can now reopen.
The restrictions and when they will change may be different in England, Scotland and Wales. See full government guidelines for:
- England – coronavirus guidance on GOV.UK
- Scotland – Scottish Government coronavirus guidance
- Wales – Welsh Government coronavirus guidance
If working from home is not possible, employers might:
- put staff on furlough
- agree to staff using holiday or unpaid leave
Workplaces that must stay closed
Many workplaces must stay closed during the current restrictions.
See the latest government guidelines for:
- England – businesses and premises that must stay closed on GOV.UK
- Scotland – Scottish Government guidance on business closures
- Wales – Welsh Government guidance on business closures
Working from home
For staff working from home, the employer should:
- pay them as usual
- keep in regular contact
- check on their health and wellbeing
Workplaces that can be open
Where workplaces are allowed to be open and staff cannot work from home, it's important for everyone to follow working safely guidelines.