Support and training
You can get specialist mental health advice and support from:
- England – mental health helplines on the NHS
- Scotland – mental health services on NHS 24
- Wales – mental health services on NHS 111 Wales
If you need to talk to someone, you can contact:
Mental health support at work
Some organisations offer counselling for employees. It'll usually be through a scheme known as an employee assistance programme (EAP).
If you're a member of a trade union, you can also get help and information on mental health from them.
A Wellness Action Plan from Mind can help employers and employees put steps in place to support mental health at work.
Find out more about supporting mental health from other organisations:
If you have poor mental health or a disability, you can also get support from Access to Work.
Support for employers
Employers and managers can get government guidance on supporting their employees' health and disabilities.
Helping someone else
Supporting others with poor mental health can be a challenge. Make sure you look after your own wellbeing.
Training and tailored support for employers
Acas offers tailored support for employers on mental health and wellbeing.
Our practical mental health training course can help managers:
- recognise the signs and symptoms of poor mental health
- have conversations about mental health with more confidence
- identify and address issues earlier
- support employee wellbeing, both remotely and in the workplace
Acas also offers a free online training on mental health awareness for employers.