Getting emotional support

A dispute at work can affect your mental health in many ways, for example through stress, depression or anxiety.

It's important to talk to someone if you need to.

You could talk to:

  • a friend or family member
  • someone at work who you trust and is not involved in the problem
  • a counsellor provided by your work, the NHS or one you find privately
  • a trade union representative

Your employer might offer counselling or mental health support through an employee assistance programme (EAP).

Charities, support groups and religious organisations can also help.

Where to get support

You can:

For urgent support

Find free and 24-hour support services on the NHS website

Last reviewed