A template letter for employees to use to appeal a disciplinary outcome. Free to use.
You can copy and paste the template text into an email or document.
Dear [your employer / manager / HR manager name],
I am writing to formally appeal against the disciplinary penalty you imposed on me on [date].
My reasons for appeal are as follows:
[List reasons for your appeal.
- you disagree with the way disciplinary action was taken
- you feel the outcome was too harsh
- you have new evidence that you feel should be considered]
I would be grateful if you would let me know when and where we can meet to discuss my appeal.
I would like to be accompanied at the meeting by [name].
Download this template
- Download this template in Microsoft Word format (DOCX, 17KB)
- Download this template in Open Document format (ODT, 8KB)
If you need the template in a different format, email firstname.lastname@example.org.