If you find out that employees feel excluded, you, managers or HR managers can help them by:
- talking openly with them
- showing how their work is important to the organisation
- asking how they feel in their team, their work and the organisation as a whole
- seeing how you can help them
You might be able to easily address the reasons employees feel excluded.
If an employee does not agree with the values or workplace culture of your organisation, they might leave.
Holding exit interviews with employees who are leaving can:
- give the chance to find out if they’re leaving because they felt excluded or held back in some way
- give you useful feedback on what you could change in the future