Advice leaflet - The right to apply for flexible working (for requests made before 30 June 2014)
This is a short guide for employers, working parents and carers explaining the application process for flexible working applications made on or before 29 June 2014.
Note: For guidance on applications made from 30 June 2014 onwards, see The right to request flexible working.
This guide explains:
- What is flexible working?
- What is the law on flexible working?
- Who can apply for flexible working?
- How must the application be made?
- How must the employer respond to the applicant?
- On what grounds can applicants be refused?
- What can an employee do if an employer refuses an application for flexible working?
- Rights for working parents