Handling TUPE transfers: the Acas guide
This guide provides a step-by-step process of how to conduct a TUPE transfer primarily from an employment relations perspective, but also covers legal and good practice guidance to provide a more rounded view of the topic.
This guidance is primarily aimed at employers of all sizes who are new to TUPE transfers or wish to refresh their understanding of employment relations issues in TUPE transfer situations, and managers and supervisors who require a practical understanding of how TUPE transfers work.
This TUPE guide includes:
- Introducing TUPE
- When does TUPE apply?
- Get the TUPE process right
- Employee liability information and due diligence
- Terms and conditions of employment and TUPE
- TUPE and terminating employment
- Information and consultation requirements
- Other considerations
- TUPE glossary
- TUPE process plan template
- Sample Employee Liability Information and Due Diligence document
- Important changes to making employment tribunal claims