Acas launch free advice service online
Workplace experts Acas have launched a free online advice service for employers and employees who want answers to work related questions.
Acas Helpline online offers 24 hour free advice and guidance on rights at work and employment law. Employers, employees and HR managers can receive an instant response to their work related questions and the service can help users feel more informed before a conversation with an Acas helpline adviser.
Helpline online answers over 600 of the most frequently asked workplace questions on topics ranging from maternity and family friendly rights to absence and bullying and harassment.
Available since 17 June 2013, employers and employees have already used the service over 50,000 times. The top three questions so far are:
- How can an employer change the terms of a contract when an employee does not agree to the change being made?
- How can an employee raise a grievance?
- What are the different types of dismissal?
The system learns from the questions it's being asked and the Acas Helpline team develop and improve the content to reflect the feedback received.
Acas Chief Executive, Anne Sharp, said:
"It's great to see that Helpline online is proving to be so popular. It's already been used more than 50,000 times and it allows people to get answers to their questions at a time that's convenient for them. It's a great addition to our comprehensive range of workplace advice services."
"Our helpline team has designed the new service and will continually refine the information it provides so other customers benefit. This will also give us a useful barometer of the most popular workplace topics being asked about.
"Last year our highly experienced helpline advisers handled around 925,000 calls and our website receive four and a half million visits. This new 24/7 service supplements what they can offer over the phone."
To access helpline online visit www.acas.org.uk/helplineonline. You can also speak to an Acas helpline adviser on a whole range of workplace issues on 08457 47 47 47 from 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am-1pm on Saturday
Notes to Editors
- Acas aims to improve organisations and working life through better employment relations. It provides information, advice, training and a range of services working with employers and employees to prevent or resolve problems and improve performance. It is an independent statutory body governed by a Council consisting of the Acas Chair and employer, trade union and independent members.
- For media enquiries or to arrange an interview please contact Shumon Rahman / Clare Carter on 0207 210 3688, Lou Owen on 0207 210 3920 or Sophia Said on 0207 210 3680. For out of hours media enquiries please call the out of hours duty press officer on 07825 691093.