Website URL : http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx/images/acas/common/media/pdf/4/n/media/pdf/m/7/index.aspx?articleid=4217
Recruiting an employee: A step-by-step guide
Recruiting an employee - Be prepared and know the basics
- Stand back and take a look at your business - where it's come from and where it's going - and plan your staffing needs.
- Pinpoint the key tasks of a job, and the personal qualities such as skills and knowledge essential for the post, and make these clear when you advertise the vacancy.
- Advertise through at least two different channels - the many choices include job websites, social media, the local newspaper and the Jobcentre - so you do not end up with candidates from too narrow an audience.
- Choosing candidates for interview, and the interviews themselves, should be done by more than one person if possible to avoid unintended bias.
- Offer the going rate for the job in your business sector.