Employment Law update
Acas are the employment relations experts and a trusted source of advice for employers, employees, Government and others.
The Government has announced several proposed changes to employment law. It has also launched a number of consultations on further proposed changes. A round up of these changes is listed below to help people understand them and their potential impact.
Acas has been asked to help people with many of the proposed changes by providing guidance and codes of practice, so as proposed changes come into effect detailed guidance will be available on this site.
We have also provided a summary of recent changes to existing employment law
Click on the links below to find out more about:
- Employment Law - Essential Information
- Employment law update - Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill
- Employment law update - Charging fees in Employment Tribunals and the Employment Appeal Tribunal
- Employment law update - collective redundancy
- Employment law update - Employee ownership
- Employment law update - no fault dismissals
- Employment law update - consultation on TUPE
- Employment law update - Flexible working
- Employment law update - Flexible parental leave
Acas training - did you know?
Acas provides Training and Business Solutions to equip managers, supervisors and HR professionals with the necessary skills to deal with employment relations issues and to create more productive workplace environments.
Related Acas training and course dates in your area:
- Employment law update
- managing Discipline and grievance and the Acas Code of Practice
- improving Skills for supervisors.
Acas employment law update training
View course listings, dates and locations available for Acas employment law update training, providing managers and HR professionals with essential information on recent and upcoming change.
Whether you are an employer, employee or representative, you can call the national Acas helpline on 08457 47 47 47 for free and impartial advice from Monday to Friday, 8am - 8pm and Saturday, 9am - 1pm.
Our Responses to government consultations give our Council's views on issues relating to Acas' duty to improve employment relations.
Acas Strategy produces a range of publications aimed at engaging with the public policy debate on issues impacting on employment relations including The Future of Workplace Relations series.