Workplace Snippets - September 2012
All of September 2012 workplace snippets, which provide some comment and insight into topical items, are available below.
If you would like to remain updated on a regular basis why not sign up to the Acas newsletter.
- Fathers need encouragement to take additional paternity leave
- Survival of the adaptable: employers with flexible workforces are coping better
- Better absence management has helped reduce days lost to sickness by a quarter
- Can't get no satisfaction: UK workers among the most dissatisfied in Europe
- Should managers be worried about the amount of time spent on social media?
- Employees are still in the dark about auto-enrolment with days to go
- 150 years of representation to the benefit of employers and employees
- The success of Pre-Claim Conciliation continues
- Employers more tolerant but also concerned alcohol and drug use is damaging work
- Single parents rate work flexibility above salary
- More women are getting to the boardroom but few reach the very top
- Mental ill-health in the workplace is costing UK employers billions
- Small businesses could be a lifeline to economic recovery
- Are you sitting comfortably? The question employers need to ask
- Can an employee be dismissed instantly for bad behaviour?
- The road to recovery: Getting back to work after a long absence
- Olympics give boost to workplace morale and flexible working
- Checking your workforce is legal: How to avoid employing 'visa abusers'
- New free schools and academies: Employers for the first time