Policy discussion papers
Acas Policy Discussion Papers are written by the Acas strategy unit with the aim of stimulating discussion and debate about key employment relations issues. The views expressed are those of the author and not the Acas council.
Keep up to date with Acas policy and research news and publications
Sign up to email updates of articles, policy discussion papers, and the latest research from the Acas Strategy Unit and the Research and Evaluation Section.
All of our discussion papers are available to download below in PDF format:
- Disabled and elderly people and their personal assistants: the challenges of a unique employment relationship [1Mb]
- The future of workplace relations - An Acas view [1Mb] (to read further papers in our Future of Workplace Relations Series on: Public sector reform; the future of trade unions; the ageing workforce; migrant workers; health and wellbeing; and fragmentation and outsourcing, go to The Future of Workplace Relations page.
- Riding out the storm: managing conflict in a recession and beyond [338kb]
- Building employee engagement [386kb]
- Collective consultation on redundancies [449kb]
- From stress to distress: the impact of the economic recession on mental health at work [502kb]
- The Agency Workers Directive: a permanent solution to temporary work? [174kb]
- The recession: what the future holds for employment relations [783kb]
- The alchemy of dispute resolution – the role of collective conciliation [441kb]
- Employee Representatives: Challenges and changes in the workplace [763kb]
- Health work and wellbeing: rising to the public sector attendance management challenge [499kb]
- Back to basics - Acas experience of equality and diversity in the workplace [533kb]
- Workplace bullying and harassment: building a culture of respect [426kb]
- New rules, new challenges: Acas' role in the employment tribunal system [228kb]
- Has consultation's time come? [1017kb]
- Making more of Alternative Dispute Resolution [366kb]