Call our Helpline on 08457 47 47 47 for free and confidential advice
Website URL : http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1580
In-depth case studies that measure the impact and explore user perceptions of the services Acas provides.
Latest case studies - a series of papers on the use of Acas services by Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- Blue Earth Foods [176kb] - Acas Workplace Training helps an SME deal with the challenges associated with rapid growth
- Duresta [190kb] - an SME report on the impact of Acas Workplace Training and policy advice on developing good management practice
Acas Open Access training - a series of five papers that describe the impacts of Acas' Open Access training
- Cheswold Park Hospital [175kb] - staff report on the impact of attending Open Access sessions covering investigation skills and equality
- Colchester English Study Centre [186kb] - two staff members report their experiences of the 'Employment Law' and 'Equality and Diversity' courses
- Newcastle Futures [184kb] - staff report on the impact of attending Open Access training on 'Equality and Diversity', 'Redundancy' and 'Disciplinary and Grievances'
- QDP Services [149kb] - staff give their view on the impact of the Open Access sessions addressing absenteeism
- Tamar Bridge and Torpoint Ferries Joint Committee [165kb] - staff attended 'Discipline and Grievances' and 'Conducting Investigations' workshops and give their views on the impact
'Innovative Workplaces' - a series of eight case studies from an in-depth support initiative for organisations seeking to improve performance
- Brush Electrical Machines - the Innovative Workplaces Project helps a manufacturer of generators with 800 employees [60kb]
- Caterpillar Logistics - the Innovative Workplaces Project helps a provider of warehousing and distribution with 600 employees [73kb]
- Liquid Control - the Innovative Workplaces Project helps a machinery manufacturer with 20 employees [110kb]
- NHS East Midlands SHA - the Innovative Workplaces Project helps a Strategic Health Authority with 350 employees [109kb]
- Northampton College - the Innovative Workplaces Project helps a further and higher education college with 1,000 employees [66kb]
- Pendragon Contracts and National Fleet Solutions - the Innovative Workplaces Project helps an automotive organisation with 100 employees [74kb]
- The Health Store - the Innovative Workplaces Project helps a co-operative health food wholesale and distribution centre with 100 employees [67kb]
- Thorpe Kilworth - the Innovative Workplaces Project helps a furniture manufacturer with 100 employees [73kb]
Other recent case studies
- Repairing relationships between the trade unions and the executive and non-executive teams in a public sector organisation [70kb] - Acas-facilitated sessions helped to improve an adversarial industrial relations climate in a public sector organisation
- Milford Haven Port Authority [263kb] - Acas collective conciliation in a dispute over pensions in one of the UKs main energy ports
- Chichester College: reducing stress in the workplace [116kb] - Acas helped develop an action plan at a further education college that was experiencing problems with stress
- Wirral University Teaching Hospital: implementing a new shift system [60kb] - Acas facilitated a partnership approach to tackling implementation of a new shift work arrangements at an NHS Foundation Trust
- Equipment manufacturing organisation: Seeking the views of employees to take the business forward [79kb] - Acas helped a global manufacturer to engage with its employees in order to identify where improvements in employment relations could be made
- Engineering and manufacturing: Building relationships between trade union officers and the Human Resource team [78kb] - Acas joint workshops brought the trade unions and the HR team together at a global manufacturing organisation
- Acas helps to improve working relations at a Midlands College [106kb] - Acas workshops helped improve team relationships and avoid formal grievance procedures at a further education college
- Acas workshops at Scottish voluntary organisation working with young people [70kb] - Acas workshops helped a divided team at a charitable organisation to establish better working relationships following a series of grievances
- Redundancy training: aiding effective consultation over redundancies at Vodafone, in a recessionary climate. [90kb] - Acas training helped Vodafone to establish a consultation forum to support a redundancy process
- Redundancy training: aiding effective consultation over redundancies at a global chemicals manufacturer [556kb] - Acas training helped a major chemicals manufacturer to undertake effective employee consultation during a programme of redundancy
- Redundancy training: aiding effective consultation over redundancies at a leading provider of multimedia technology. [136kb] - Acas assisted a medium sized leading provider of multimedia technology to ensure effective employee consultation during a programme of redundancy
- Mediation training at Incommunities Housing Trust [84kb] - Acas provided mediation plus training for establishing in-house mediation arrangements to a housing trust that was experiencing high numbers of employee grievances.
Earlier case studies
- Workplace training at Co-operative Retail Logistics: Improving attendance management & workforce engagement (2008) [58kb]
- A workplace project at Lothian Buses plc: Tackling attendance management and discipline (2004) [157kb].
Bullying and Harassment
- Workplace training at Swale PCT: Managing absence, bullying and harassment, and equality and diversity (2006) [295kb]
- A workplace project and training at the Mersey Regional Ambulance Service NHS Trust: Tackling bullying and harassment (2003) [124kb].
Consultation and Communication
Discipline and grievances
- Workplace training at Patak's: A joint working approach to training line managers and supervisors (2004) [173kb].
- A workplace project at Aslam Interiors: Establishing employment policies in an SME (2005) [390kb]
- A workplace project and training at The Pensions Trust: Equality and diversity (2005) [318kb]
- Workplace training at the Metropolitan Housing Partnership: Delivering a programme of diversity training (2005) [115kb]
- Workplace training at the Yorkshire and Humber Assembly: A joint working approach to implementing a diversity strategy (2005) [201kb].
- A workplace project at the UK Passport Service: Improving partnership and consultation (2004) [120kb]
- A workplace project at Johnson Matthey: Building partnership and assisting change (2003) [130kb].
'Acas in the NHS' - A series of 5 case studies aimed at evaluating the impact of Acas interventions in five NHS Trusts
- A workplace project at Basildon PCT: Building employee involvement and partnership (2005) [155kb]
- A workplace project at Craven and Harrogate PCT: Improving consultation, negotiation, and workplace relations (2005) [120kb]
- A workplace project at Essex Ambulance Service NHS Trust: Improving consultation and working patterns (2005) [121kb]
- A workplace project at North Lincolnshire and Goole Hospitals NHS Trust: Building positive consultation and co-operative working (2005) [120kb]
- A workplace project at Wolverhampton City PCT: How Acas helped get partnership 'back on track' (2005) [120kb].
Acas provides services for small businesses
Training solutions for your employment problems