Planning to return to the workplace
As an employer, you might be reopening a workplace that has been closed during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
You should consider:
- flexible working arrangements
- making reasonable adjustments
- keeping the workplace safe
- how the workplace might reopen
The pandemic has given people experience of working in lots of different ways. Talking to staff can help you gather and use those experiences when considering returning to the workplace.
When planning to return to the workplace, you could consider flexible working arrangements, for example working from home and hybrid working.
You must make reasonable adjustments for disabled employees.
Keeping the workplace safe
Employers and employees who are going to the workplace should:
- follow government advice
- wear face coverings where required (unless exempt)
- social distance where possible
- keep the workplace clean
Acas support for employers
An Acas adviser can talk you through:
- your options for returning to the workplace safely
- the steps in the process and a flowchart with links to further resources
- what's a legal requirement and what's good practice
- what support is available for your staff
To arrange an appointment, you can:
- send an enquiry form
- call: 0300 123 1150, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm