Claiming through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS)
For an employer to claim through the scheme, they must:
- have enrolled for PAYE Online on GOV.UK
- have a UK bank account
- be making a claim for each employee or worker on furlough for a minimum of 7 days in a calendar month
For claims from 1 May 2021, the employer must also have done both of the following between 20 March 2020 and 2 March 2021:
- put the employee or worker on their PAYE payroll
- included the employee or worker in a 'Real Time Information' (RTI) submission to HMRC
More financial support for employers
Employers may be able to get financial support through other government schemes.
Acas is not able to advise on these schemes.
The schemes include regional support for businesses affected by the pandemic, and one-off grants for some sectors.
To find out more:
- in England, see financial support for businesses on GOV.UK
- in Scotland, see coronavirus funding for businesses on FindBusinessSupport.gov.scot
- in Wales, see the business support finder from Business Wales
Financial support if you're self-employed
You may be able to get financial support through the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS).
Acas is not able to advise on this scheme.