Claiming through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS)
The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme ended on 30 September 2021.
Employers must submit claims for September by 14 October 2021 and make any amendments by 28 October 2021.
For an employer to claim through the scheme, they must:
- have enrolled for PAYE Online on GOV.UK
- have a UK bank account
- be making a claim for each employee or worker on furlough for a minimum of 7 days in a calendar month
For claims from 1 May 2021, the employer must also have done both of the following between 20 March 2020 and 2 March 2021:
- put the employee or worker on their PAYE payroll
- included the employee or worker in a 'Real Time Information' (RTI) submission to HMRC
More financial support for employers
Employers may be able to get financial support through other government schemes.
Acas is not able to advise on these schemes.
The schemes include regional support for businesses affected by the pandemic, and one-off grants for some sectors.
To find out more:
- in England, see financial support for businesses on GOV.UK
- in Scotland, see coronavirus support and advice for businesses on FindBusinessSupport.gov.scot
- in Wales, see the business support finder from Business Wales