Businesses across Britain have faced tough challenges and unprecedented change in recent months. Many have needed to make difficult decisions about their workforce and their future.
Acas is here to help. We provide expert advice on employment law and workplace best practice, which can lead to healthier and more productive working environments. We also provide training and can help resolve workplace disputes.
We encourage employers to get in touch to let us know how we can help, and to register for our free email newsletter to stay up to date with new advice, resources and events.
How Acas can help
If you're an employer, we can advise you on workplace issues including:
- explaining employer duty of care and protection of employees
- resolving disputes and improving employee relations and productivity
- your legal duty to explore alternatives to redundancy, including role changes or retraining
- staff consultation – what's required and how to make the process work well
- working constructively with employee representatives and trade unions
- processes for changing or ending contracts, or altering working hours
- making the most of hybrid working, flexible working or homeworking arrangements
We can support you by:
- helping you manage organisational change
- running workshops and focus groups
- setting up employee forums
- bringing your management and staff representatives together to solve problems
- training your managers and supervisors to help them manage change and support employees in your workplace
- offering mediation and dispute resolution services
- designing bespoke projects to help address any issues your organisation may be facing
Acas is a recognised expert in employment relations and our services are tried and tested.
How Acas can support your business
Acas training and content designer Amy Hawkes, and senior adviser Rich Jones talk about how Acas can provide tailored support for your business.
Free advice on employment law and best practice, including:
- managing staff redundancies
- changing an employment contract
- working safely during covid
- supporting people at high risk from covid
- managing holiday, sickness and leave
- employment rules when a business owner changes – Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) regulations (TUPE)
- working from home and hybrid working
- supporting mental health at work
You can also contact the Acas helpline.
These Acas training courses are being run online or in person:
- Redundancy: getting it right
- Having difficult conversations
- Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) regulations (TUPE)
- Changing terms and conditions of employment
- Employment law update
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Managing employee mental health
- Management training – for new and developing managers
- Absence management
We can tailor training to meet the specific needs of your organisation.
Fill in our enquiry form to let us know how we can help or call our customer services team on 0300 123 1150, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.