1. Neumann J E, Holti R, Standing H, Change everything at once! The Tavistock Institute's guide to developing Teamwork in Manufacturing, ISBN 1 85251 128 1 Management Books 2000, 1995.
2. Quality - People Management Matters, Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (IPM) 1993. (The IPM is now incorporated in the Institute of Personnel and Development.)
3. Hackman J R, Oldham G R Work Redesign, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Reading, Massachusetts, 1980.
4. Neumann J E, Holti R, Standing H Change everything at once! The Tavistock Institute's guide to developing Teamwork in Manufacturing, ISBN 1 85251 128 1 Management Books 2000, 1995.
5. The Government plans to introduce regulations to implement a European Directive on informing and consulting employees. The new regulations will give rights to employees to be informed about the businesses economic situation, and informed and consulted about employment prospects and substantial changes to work organisation or contractual relations. Implementation will be in stages - to businesses with 150 or more employees (March 2005), businesses with 100 or more employees (2007) and businesses with 50 or more employees (2008). Businesses with fewer than 50 employees are excluded. The Government is consulting on the regulations before they are introduced.
6. For further information see Acas .
7. See Acas Advisory booklet - Employee appraisal.
8. Ridley, T M Motivating and rewarding employees: some aspects of theory and practice Acas Occasional Paper 51.
9. Institute of Personnel and Development IPD code on Occupational Testing.
10. See Woodcock M Team Development Manual, Farnborough, Gower, 1979.
11. For information on handling redundancies, see Acas Redundancy handling.