Advisory booklet - Job evaluation: considerations and risks
It often takes time and a lot of patience but a good job evaluation scheme can form the basis of a fair pay system. It's also a way for getting a hierarchy of jobs on which to base a grading structure.
Many employers carry out job evaluations when:
- Deciding on pay and grading
- Making sure there is a fair and equal pay system
- Deciding on benefits - such as bonuses
- Comparing pay against other companies
- Reviewing all jobs after a major change within the company
For further information, download the Advisory booklet - Job evaluation: considerations and risks [773kb].
See also our Job evaluation page.