Acas Publication Scheme
Who we are and what we do
Roles and responsibilities
- Acas relationship with BIS.
- The Acas Council.
- Role of the Acas Council.
- Role of the Chairman and Council.
- Role of the Acas Chief Executive.
- Acas Corporate Governance Framework (available by written request).
Location and Contact details
What we spend and how we spend it
Acas public spending
- Transparency data including payment of Acas invoices.
- Terms of reference of the Acas Council Audit committee.
- Annual reports and plans.
What our priorities are and how we are doing
Strategic and business plans
Internal and external performance reviews
- Triennial Review of Acas.
- Evaluation of Acas' Pre-Claim Conciliation Service 2012 [526kb].
- Acas Individual Conciliation Survey 2012 [1Mb].
- Acas Helpline Evaluation 2011 - summary report [783kb].
- 2011/12 Acas Collective Conciliation Evaluation [667kb].
- Acas Individual Mediation - feedback from participants and commissioners [319kb].
- Evaluating and Developing Acas Workplace Projects [939kb].
Performance reports to parliament
Impact assessments (available by written request)
Performance statistics (available by written request)
How we make decisions
Decision making processes, internal criteria and procedures e.g. equality impact assessments
Major policy proposals and decisions (available by written request)
Background information for major policy proposals
Our policies and procedures
Current written protocols for delivering our functions and responsibilities
Recruiting and employing staff
- Civil Service code - Values.
- Delivering the Equality Duty in Acas.
- Junior staff numbers and payscales 30/09/2012 [5kb].
- Senior Pay figures in Acas are available from page 65 in the Annual Report 2012 - 2013 [988kb].
- Civil Service Pay.
- Acas transparency data [csv file].
- Acas Data Set Information.
- Acas People Surveys available from the Transparency data page.
Health and safety
- Health and safety policy statement (available by written request).
- Health and Safety (available by written request).
Freedom of Information and Data protection Acts
Requests for information which is not routinely released are subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act and the Environmental Information Regulations. It is Acas's general policy not to charge for the provision of information under the FOI Act and the EIRs or to charge for administering subject access requests under section 7 of the Data Protection Act.
Lists and Registers
Register of Gifts and Hospitality (available by written request)
The services we offer
Advice and guidance, booklets and leaflets, transactions and media releases. A description of the services offered.
Services for the Public
- Useful templates for letters, forms and checklists.
- Acas publications website.
- Acas Helpline.
- Help Resolving Disputes.
- Sign up for Acas news and notifications.
- Research papers.
- Acas Model Workplace.
- Acas Online Guidance and Advice.
- Policy Publications.
- Videos and Podcasts.
- Media Centre.
- Acas Dispute Resolution.
- The Acas Arbitration Scheme.
- Collective disputes.
- Early Conciliation.
- Comments, Complaints and Compliments.
Availability of Information
The classes of information we commit to publishing are under this scheme are published on the Acas website and www.gov.uk. The information subject to this scheme is available free of charge. Requests for information not described in the scheme should be made in writing to the Information and Guidance Team.
Responsibility for the Publication Scheme
Information and Guidance Team
286 Euston Road
London NW1 3JJ
Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org.