Workplace Snippets - September 2013
All of September 2013 workplace snippets, which provide some comment and insight into topical items, are available below.
If you would like to remain updated on a regular basis why not sign up to the Acas newsletter.
- Thousands of agricultural workers face new pay and conditions
- Understanding PILON: Payment in lieu of notice
- Youth unemployment is 'corrosive'
- Employee voice helps relieve job insecurity
- Is it harder for part-timers to progress?
- Salary sacrifice and statutory leave payments
- Ex-offenders denied rehabilitation in the workplace
- Apprenticeship schemes up a third on last year
- Officer workers: 'We need more training please!'
- Flexible working can help retain entrepreneurial women, says CIPD
- Beard debate prompts focus on personal appearance in the workplace
- Tribunal ruling links holiday pay to overtime
- Bonus payments stretch the gender pay gap, says CMI survey
- Workplace buzz is key consideration for job-seekers
- Pride in a profession helps retain and motivate workers
- Working and caring: What are your rights?
- Selection criteria for employees on parental leave