Workplace Snippets - August 2013
All of August 2013 workplace snippets, which provide some comment and insight into topical items, are available below.
If you would like to remain updated on a regular basis why not sign up to the Acas newsletter.
- Wages have fallen in real terms since downturn
- Mums still face discrimination at work, says survey
- Firms employing illegal immigrants could face £20,000 fine under proposals
- Absence from work: latest figures reveal record low
- Workplace pensions: vote of confidence from employees
- The truth about zero-hours contracts
- Is it fairer to share work when times are tough?
- New employees need to 'learn while they earn'
- Support to help disabled people find work
- Trust helps build high-performing businesses
- Olympic fever helps keep employees fit a year later
- Where to get information on employment tribunal fee remission
- Acas Helpline goes online
- Crisis looming for bricks-and-mortar retail, says report
- More small businesses to benefit from rule exemptions
- Number of workers aged 65 and over tops a million for first time
- Fierce competition among graduates for jobs
- Acas workplace services continue to please users
- Respond to complaints with the Acas step-by-step guide
- Acas mock employment tribunals help you through the real thing
- Making the transition to retirement
- Is obesity a disability?
- EAT rules on use of covert surveillance by employer
- Global firm seeks candidates with autism to 'spark innovation'