Workplace Snippets - February 2013
All of February 2013 workplace snippets, which provide some comment and insight into topical items, are available below.
If you would like to remain updated on a regular basis why not sign up to the Acas newsletter.
- Myths of the workplace: Acas services are for members only
- Myths of the workplace: Everyone should get equal pay for doing the same work
- Myths of the workplace: Absent employees can't be disciplined
- Not too late to conciliate: Understanding case management discussions
- Mediation can help more organisations improve their workplace culture
- Get engaged with your employees on Valentine's Day
- Would UK workers benefit from a three-day weekend?
- UK workforce is too sedentary, says survey
- Malfunctioning teams damage morale and productivity
- When the going gets tough, most people get Acas expert advice
- Understanding Swedish derogation
- Times have been hard but job satisfaction is up
- Acas conferences keep pace with the fast-changing workplace
- Unfair dismissals to be capped at one year's salary
- Early Conciliation will help more people resolve disputes quickly
- Union learning representatives: What do they do?
- Employers have paid an £18.4 billion restructuring bill since the downturn
- A new era for employee relations?
- What is the living wage?