Workplace Snippets - December 2012
All of December 2012 workplace snippets, which provide some comment and insight into topical items, are available below.
If you would like to remain updated on a regular basis why not sign up to the Acas newsletter.
- Improving employee engagement will boost GDP by £26 billion
- Separating personal views from work when using social media
- Flexible parental leave plans to give working families a boost
- Demand for the Acas Certificate in Internal Workplace Mediation (CIWM) is up
- Gender pay gap is at its narrowest since records began
- Trust your employees, engage your workforce
- Winter weather: Planning for disruption
- Commute the commute: Cut travel time through flexible working
- Outsourced economy presents new challenges for unions
- Why small firms should manage performance
- Graduate retention affected by 'mismatch of expectations' between generations
- Sourcing temporary staff for the Christmas rush
- Romance and the workplace: should they ever mix?
- Effective monitoring delivers equality and diversity
- When is a holiday not a holiday?
- Misconduct left unchecked by half of employees
- New compensation limits for dismissals set for 2013
- More migrant workers will have to carry biometric permits