Workplace Snippets - August 2012
All of August 2012 workplace snippets, which provide some comment and insight into topical items, are available below.
If you would like to remain updated on a regular basis why not sign up to the Acas newsletter.
- The rise of the 'zero-hours' contract
- Know your way around the Bribery Act
- The Olympic legacy: A healthier workplace?
- Lessons we can learn from the Paralympics
- Young people's digital skills estimated at £6.7 billion, says O2 survey
- Relocation, relocation, relocation: Getting it right
- Discrimination payouts reach new high
- Too much information? The risks of recruiting using social media profiles
- To tweet or not to tweet? Managing a delicate balance of interests in the workplace
- Something for nothing? The hidden costs of unpaid overtime
- Leading from the front: Being a visible boss to boost engagement
- The Agency Workers Regulations: Nine months on
- Facing up to disruptive behaviour
- Dispelling the myths about pregnancy, maternity leave and redundancy
- Working the night shift: Practical solutions to longstanding problems
- Auto enrolment set to double private pension income
- Balancing leave requests at peak holiday periods
- New ruling that the long-term sick can carry forward holiday automatically
- Proper measurement of wellbeing and engagement is a key to higher productivity
- Don't blame the messenger: Supporting the bearers of bad news during redundancies