Workplace Snippets - March 2012
All of March 2012 workplace snippets, which provide some comment and insight into topical items, are available below.
If you would like to remain updated on a regular basis why not sign up to the Acas newsletter.
- Clash of the Titans: When personalities collide
- Induction: Getting the first few days right
- Euro 2012: Minimise the impact on your organisation
- Continuity of service: When casual workers turn permanent
- Defining an employer's duty of care
- How to head off that annual leave headache
- Interviews: How to avoid discriminatory lines of questioning
- New qualifying period for unfair dismissals
- Internships: Know your obligations as an employer
- Understanding the rights of new mothers in the workplace
- Women bring emotional intelligence to management boards, finds survey
- Handling grievances at work
- Older workers are a valuable resource for industries facing a skills shortage
- The benefits of having a diverse workforce
- Career breaks: Bad for business?
- Finding your way around fixed-term contracts
- Avoiding claims for constructive dismissal
- Rebuilding trust in the workplace
- Varying a contract of employment: Avoid the pitfalls
- Understanding what vicarious liability means for employers
- Above-inflation rise in cost of childcare set to drive parents out of work
- Managing staff who are volunteering at the Olympics
- Migrant workers: Your responsibilities as an employer
- International Women's Day: Have we achieved gender equality in the workplace?
- Forward planning and good communication can prevent Jubilee leave hassles