Workplace Snippets - January 2012
All of January 2012 workplace snippets, which provide some comment and insight into topical items, are available below.
If you would like to remain updated on a regular basis why not sign up to the Acas newsletter.
- Managing redundancies and restructuring in the downturn
- First tranche of agency workers get equal pay and conditions
- Work experience key to graduate jobs
- The Equality Act: One year on
- Research shows 1 in 10 London managers took no annual leave in 2011
- Reward: Getting it right!
- Allowing home and flexible working can help hard-hit commuters
- Changes to income tax, pensions and parental leave and pay in 2012
- Spotting the early warning signs of workplace stress
- Most workers still feel employers fail to deal with mental health issues
- Under-24s alienated by strict policies on social networking in the workplace
- Get your staff motivated for 2012
- Women confound predictions to see employment figures rise in 2011
- Monday tops the weekly absence league
- Bosses and board members are out of touch, says new research
- Being age-aware can help employers avoid age discrimination claims
- Below-inflation pay rises raise a new set of challenges for employers
- New judgment makes application of TUPE clear for firms in administration
- Number of tribunals falls by 30% against 2010 figures
- Get the right people for your business
- Is the fit note working?
- How hangovers at work are hitting productivity
- Managing difficult relationships in the workplace
- Public sector workplace bullying on the rise as economy falters
- More mothers of young children are now working full-time
- Changes to parental leave postponed until 2013
- Homophobia in the workplace