Workplace Snippets - December 2011
All of December 2011 workplace snippets, which provide some comment and insight into topical items, are available below.
If you would like to remain updated on a regular basis why not sign up to the Acas newsletter.
- Keeping staff motivated on a budget
- Find out how your staff really feel about their jobs
- Workplace tensions can come to the fore at Christmas
- What can be done to improve wellbeing at work?
- Discover the benefits of employing part-timers
- What is presenteeism and how is it affecting your business?
- Remote control: Managing a team of home workers
- Is the 9 to 5 culture harming productivity?
- How the long-hours culture in the UK could be damaging business
- Online Christmas shoppers could cost employers up to £5 billion
- Disciplinary investigations: Keeping it fair
- Discover the benefits of e-learning in the workplace
- Growth and Innovation Fund to help boost UK skills development from 2012
- Smaller firms to get more time to comply with new pension auto-enrolment
- Race discrimination: Know the law
- What does it take to be a good supervisor?
- Getting contracts right
- Clear policies and proactive management the key to reducing staff sick days in December
- Discover the benefits of job sharing
- Are quotas the answer to getting more women into boardroom posts?
- Common pitfalls of the Christmas party and how to avoid them
- Bosses need to listen as well as lead
- Storing data about staff: Know your obligations as an employer