PodcastsDownload Acas podcasts from this page.
The RNIB report Vocational rehabilitation makes a clear social, business and financial case for retention of newly disabled employees wherever possible. This podcast gives the listener an insight into how to successfully manage this important conversation.
The podcast is a phone conversation between Adam who is 30 working as a section leader of a business team at a Bank and his line manager Susan. Adam has recently been diagnosed with Crohn's disease.
- RNIB Podcast on retaining a newly disabled employee [mp3 format, 6mb].
- Transcript of Podcast on retaining a newly disabled employee [50kb].
For more information on Crohn's see www.crohnsandcolitis.org.uk
See the RNIB report.
Acas Model Workplace
Find out why former Acas council member Sarah Anderson thinks the Acas Model Workplace is a useful tool for small businesses by listening to our latest podcast:
- Podcast on the Acas Model Workplace featuring Sarah Anderson [mp3 format, 3.1mb]
- Transcript of Podcast on the Acas Model Wokplace featuring Sarah Anderson [39kb].
Default retirement age
Three example conversations between employers and employees about performance and future plans. Guidance on these workplace discussions is contained in the Acas booklet on working without the DRA.
- Workplace discussion one podcast [mp3 format, 3.67mb]
- Workplace discussions podcast one transcript [27kb]
- Workplace discussion two podcast [mp3 format, 3.73mb]
- Workplace discussions podcast two transcript [25kb]
- Workplace discussion three podcast [mp3 format, 3.83mb]
- Workplace discussions podcast three transcript [26kb]
Equality Act 2010
- Steve Williams, Head of Equality at Acas, talks about the Equality Act [mp3 format, 2.52mb], particularly in relation to the asking of health related questions in job interviews.
- Steve Williams' Equality Act podcast transcript [28kb]
- An examination of frequent employer questions around reasonable adjustments [mp3 format, 3.88mb], featuring Steve Williams and John Wadham, Group Director of Legal Services at the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC).
- Acas and EHRC Equality Act podcast transcript [47kb]