Media CentreConnect and keep up to date by accessing Acas information and press releases via our Media Centre.
Latest news releases
- Professor Linda Dickens, Dr Mary Bousted and John Hannett re-appointed as Council Members to Acas - 1 May 2013
- First Acas Chair Jim Mortimer passes away - 24 April 2013
- Acas launches six steps to success for small firms - 15 April 2013
- Acas launches new guidance on collective redundancies - 6 April 2013
- Acas seeks views on draft flexible working code - 25 February 2013
- Acas expertise crucial to success of Early Conciliation - 15 February 2013
- Mediation is most effective when it is part of a wider approach to people management - 14 February 2013
- Acas launches consultation on Settlement Agreements Code - 12 February 2013
- New Acas Chief takes up post - 4 February 2013
- Free Acas helpline prevents stress and cost of tribunals - 1 February 2013
- More businesses using Acas for workplace advice - 23 January 2013
- New Chief for Acas East Midlands - 21 January 2013
- Pay tensions continue in 2013 predict Acas - 21 December 2012
- How does it feel to deliver bad news at work? - 17 December 2012
- New Chief Executive for Acas - 13 November 2012
- Trust is key to building an engaged workforce - 12 November 2012
- Employers report long-term benefits of resolving disputes through Acas - 17 October 2012
- Sport Aberdeen Ltd statement - 16 April 2013
- Whitstable Delivery Office review statement - 18 February 2013
Search for all Acas news releases and statements from our news section.
Acas coverage in the media
- John Taylor has been interviewed by the BBC journalist Giles Dilnot about the general principles of the methods for resolving disputes. John and the TUC's Sarah Veale spoke about what industrial action - and talks to avert them - can achieve.
- BBC Today Programme - Peter Harwood, Chief Conciliator spoke about the potential for a rise in disputes particularly in the private sector and how to head off these disputes.
- Peter Harwood: the man in the middle - read and watch Peter Harwood, Chief Conciliator at Acas discuss trends in workplace dissent in Reuters UK's 'The Great Debate' blog.
Key background information on the work of Acas is available below.
What happens in Acas Collective Conciliation? - Acas' Chief Conciliator Peter Harwood talks about the service.
Acas updates on Employment law changes
- Employment Law - Essential Information - 4 September 2012
- Anticipated Changes in Employment law - 4 September 2012
Members of the media should please contact either of the following in the Acas press office:
- Clare Carter, 020 7210 3688 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shumon Rahman, 020 7210 3688 or email email@example.com
- Lou Owen, 020 7210 3920, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For urgent out-of-hours media enquires (i.e journalists only), call 07825 691093.
If you are an employer or employee and need advice and guidance on workplace issues, please note you will not be able to get this on these numbers. You should call the Acas helpline on 08457 47 47 47.