Acas experts in webchat on working life and redundancy today
Stewart Gee, an Area Manager for our Helpline and Leon Walton, a Helpline Adviser, will be taking part in the Guardian's careers webchat on working life and redundancy today at 1pm.
The Acas experts will be joined by Philip Landau, Guardian Careers legal expert and an employment law solicitor and partner at Landau Zeffertt Weir.
Between 1pm and 4pm the panel will be answering questions from both employers and employees on a wide-range of workplace and employment-law issues including the following.
- Disputes and mediation - dealing with conflict in the workplace
- Recruitment and retention - attracting and keeping the best candidates
- Training - what's available and how can it benefit your business?
- Health and well-being - maintaining a happy, healthy and stress-free workforce
- Discrimination - what is classed as discrimination and how to deal with it
- Employment law, pay and redundancy - rights and issues
- Harassment and bullying - building a culture of respect
To post a question or see the discussion unfold, go to the Careers Community on the Guardian website.
About the Helpline
The Acas Helpline is the place to go for both employers and employees who are involved in an employment dispute or are seeking information on employment rights and rules. The Helpline provides clear, confidential, independent and impartial advice to assist the caller in resolving issues in the workplace.
- Monday-Friday, 08:00-20:00 - 08457 474747
- Saturday, 09:00 - 13:00 - 08457 474747