Disputes and mediation: how Acas can help
We can visit your organisation to help you understand what needs to be done to address a range of issues related to disputes and mediation and then work with you to develop practical solutions.
We can work with you to:
- build effective working relationships
- set up information and consultation procedures including employee forums
- develop communication policies and procedures
- develop discipline and grievance procedures
- explain how you can use mediation in your workplace
- introduce an internal workplace mediation scheme
- mediate in employee grievances
- mediate in conflict between colleagues or teams
- improve employee engagement using staff surveys.
We can provide training on:
- how you can use mediation in your workplace
- our accredited Certificated in Internal Workplace Mediation standard (CIWM)
- developing the effectiveness of employee representatives
- managing discipline
- managing grievances
- conducting investigations
- managing capacity
- developing effective information and consultation with employees.
Find out more
Call our customer services team on 0300 123 1150.
Note that the customer service team does not provide helpline advice and cannot transfer calls to the helpline. For employment advice call our helpline on 0300 123 1100.
These services are normally chargeable unless our statutory duty to apprehend or resolve a dispute is triggered.