Training and Business Solutions
Each of our training sessions is delivered by Acas trainers whose experience and expertise of the workplace is geared towards providing down-to-earth advice and practical solutions.
Our training sessions are kept to small groups which allow delegates to discuss issues with the trainers, interact and share experiences with delegates from other organisations.
What makes us unique?
- our services are tried and tested based on practical experience in the workplace
- our trainers come from a background of dealing with employment legislation and bring a wealth of experience in providing practical hands-on solutions
- we are non-profit making and our sole aim is to encourage better employment relations and HR excellence
- we have a long-standing reputation for impartiality and independence
- we have over thirty years' experience in promoting good employment relations practice
- we provide cost-effective packages
- our services are flexible and can be tailored to your needs
- our network of regional offices can offer specialist knowledge of local economies and local needs.
We train at our place
We offer training courses for managers, supervisors, HR specialists, employee representatives and others responsible for business success. These courses are run at various venues around the country and cover most elements of employer and employee relations.
These range from the fundamentals, such as absence management and discipline and grievance; to the more advanced, such as equal pay; and includes our accredited Certificate in Internal Workplace Mediation.
We train at your place
We also provide bespoke training programmes suitable for groups of staff who need training, which we can deliver at your workplace. You save time and money by training a group of managers at once. You will also be able to shape the session to concentrate on the needs of your company.
After a free initial assessment an Acas trainer will work with you to tailor the approach for your specific needs.
We provide business solutions
Our specialists can visit your organisation, diagnose issues in your workplace and tailor practical solutions and expert knowledge to address the challenges faced by you and your staff. We recognise that every company is different and our range of business solutions and training has been specially developed with this in mind.
Further information on Acas business solutions.
Take a look at our training and business solutions e-brochure.
Acas Customer Services - let us know how we can help
Note that the customer services team cannot answer helpline related queries or advice. If you require employment-related advice, contact the Acas helpline on 0300 123 1100.
Acas customer case studies, evaluation and research
Our case studies demonstrate the impact of our work with a range of organisations from across multiple sectors. We help organisations of all sizes and we tailor Acas training to meet the individual needs of our customers.
Find out more about how we have helped others.
The impact of Acas Open Access training [2Mb] Ref: 12/16
This report discusses the impacts of Acas' 'Open Access' training and looks at the medium to long-term effects of the service to the delegate and their organisation. It compares the impacts and effectiveness of different courses/product types to evaluate the effectiveness of the service.
Some key highlights from our research:
- 95% of delegates were satisfied ('fairly satisfied' or 'very satisfied') with the training.
- Nine in ten delegates are likely to recommend the training to a colleague or other manager (90%).
- A large proportion of delegates felt the training addressed the needs of an organisation their size well (96%).
- More than nine in ten delegates are likely to attend further Acas training in the future (95%).
If you would like to leave feedback about Acas advisory services please visit our Helpline and advisory services testimonial form
Video: Hear from Acas trainers
Have you been approached by anyone claiming to be working in association with Acas?
If you think you have we've provided some advice and guidance on what to do and what to look out for to avoid Acas imitators.
Acas is looking to improve the way it delivers information and guidance on employment to its users and to find out a bit more about the users of its website.
Your views of Acas services are important to us and will help us to identify improvements. We would be very grateful if you could complete this short survey(10 minutes).