Acas South West works with employers of all sizes, employees and trade unions in Bristol, Devon, Wiltshire, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Cornwall to improve organisational performance by providing practical, expert advice and training.
Acas believes that introducing simple steps such as ensuring line managers have the essential skills they need to lead their people increases productivity and helps businesses to grow. This is exactly the sort of thing that Acas South West can help you with through our free advice and training events.
Tony Cooper, Director of Acas South West
Our team of trainers, advisers and mediators work with some of the South West's largest private and public sector employers. Our unique insight into Britain's workplaces brings a wealth of experience and fresh ideas that can help you to improve business performance.
Our expert advisers can help you to review your policies, deal with difficult behaviours or bullying, set up works councils and employee forums, handle redundancies, tackle absence, improve staff engagement and much more. Further information is available on our Training courses, workshops and projects page.
Have you considered mediation as a way forward?
Mediation is a voluntary and confidential form of alternative dispute resolution. Acas can provide expert mediators to help resolve workplace conflict, train your managers in essential mediation skills or even set up your own in-house mediation capability. Find out more about Mediation or call 0300 123 1150 to arrange a meeting with your local Acas mediator.
Become an accredited workplace mediator
The Acas accredited Certificate in Internal Workplace Mediation (CIWM) gives you the skills and confidence needed to help reduce conflict quickly and effectively in the workplace. The techniques that you learn on the course are not just useful in dispute situations - communication, negotiating and conflict resolution skills are invaluable in day-to-day work life. The course also provides delegates with a recognised qualification.
We offer this as a tailored on-site event at your place of work if you would like a group of staff trained together, or join us at our next open events starting on 7 March 2017 in Bristol. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 123 1150 for more information and to book.
Expert Acas training to help you to get it right
We run training events throughout the South West, including in Bristol, Cheltenham, Gloucester, Bournemouth, Exeter, Plymouth, Salisbury, Swindon, Truro, Taunton, Weymouth and Yeovil. We also run tailored in-house events for organisations that are based around your own company's procedures, policies and training needs.
Acas employment law updates help you make sure you're up to date with developments with legal changes, case law and the latest HR good practice. Our other training makes sure you and your managers are able to handle difficult situations and get the best from their staff.
Take a look at what's coming up near you:
- 12 January 2017, Behaviours at work - understanding the unacceptable, Taunton
- 12 January 2017, Conducting Investigations, Bristol
- 16 January 2017, Managing Absence, Salisbury
- 17 January 2017, Having difficult conversations, Bristol
- 20 January 2017, Human Resource Management for Beginners, Bridgwater
- 23 January 2017, Emotional Intelligence and Mindfulness for the Modern Workplace, Bristol
- 23 January 2017, Managing Discipline and Grievance, Torquay
- 24 January 2017, Managing extreme persistent and difficult workplace behaviours (Part 1), (nearly full) Bristol
- 25 January 2017, Employment Law Update, Swindon
- 26 January 2017, Managing Discipline and Grievance, Gloucester
- 26 January 2017, Contracts of Employment - How to get it right, St Austell
- 31 January 2017, Contracts of Employment - How to get it right, Swindon
- 31 January 2017, Essential Skills for Line Managers, Exeter
- 1 February 2017, Essential Skills for Line Managers, Bridgwater
- 1 February 2017, Managing employee use of the Internet, E-mail and Social Network sites, Falmouth
To find out more about our training and business services call our customer services team on 0300 123 1150 or complete our Customer contact form.
Acas South West and the West of England Growth Hub
Acas South West is proud to be a business support provider on the West of England Growth Hub, helping our local business community to grow sustainably.
The West of England Growth Hub allows employers to find the help they need in a quick and easy way.
Acas services available through the Growth Hub include training, free templates and tools, guidance and business solutions.
Find out details of the support Acas offers to organisations large and small on our Case studies page.
Or view further details of Acas Business solutions.
Keep in touch
Our monthly newsletter will provide you with regular updates on changes to employment law, local events, and top tips based on new guidance we release. You can view recent recent issues of the Acas South West newsletter: